The Student Room Group

UCL Law & American law schools?

Hi! I recently received my acceptance letter from UCL to study law and I am an international student from the US. I was wondering if anyone knew if a law degree from UCL could help me gain admission to a prestigious American law school such as Harvard, Yale, Columbia, etc?
Ultimately, I know I want to practice law in the US for which I require a JD and I am unfortunately not eligible for the UCL dual LLB/JD pathway so I was wondering if there were any other benefits to a UCL degree in regards to eventually practicing law in the US? Does anyone know any other way to potentially get a JD from UCL as an American or just an answer to my previous question? Making the choice to move continents to attend UCL is a big one so any and all advice is greatly appreciated!!
Reply 1
I'm not sure anyone here will be able to give a view on Harvard (+ others) admission criteria for JD programs and process - Probably best asking on a US law students/university board who will have a clearer picture.
A couple of my colleagues did undergrad law in the UK followers by masters at Ivy League. They’re now partners in elite US law firms do this is a well trod path.
Reply 3
Original post by katana10000
A couple of my colleagues did undergrad law in the UK followers by masters at Ivy League. They’re now partners in elite US law firms do this is a well trod path.

wow thats so interesting, thanks so much!! let me know if you have any more info 🤞🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending