The Student Room Group

Should I quit?

I work in a art studio where we design work for clients.

I am an artist and I never get any art projects...all I do is admin work, working behind the scenes.

When I applied for the role it was for an artist creative role, it never mentioned about doing admin work.

I've asked my boss many times whether I can do art projects, but they just don't listen to me. All they say it's for professional artists with more creative experience than me.

I am just not being given creative things!! I don't get given creative things so I can enhance on my skills

It hurts when I see my colleagues nodding in meetings knowing they will all be given creative projects to do.

I feel extremely left out and isolated from my team.

I'm not regarded as an artist in this job

I've studied at school, college and uni to be an artist. I've also gained other creative experiences. I love what I do!

Should I quit my job?
No job is worth your mental health - these things you're feeling are difficult to handle for anyone in such a situation. But remember that the job market isn't easy these days.

In my opinion (and it is just an opinion), look around for new opportunities. Apply for jobs you like, interview with them. Keep the steady job for now if you can handle it for a few more weeks or months, but actively look for something new. It may be a struggle in the short-term but it's good to have a steady income stream while searching than to have no money coming in.

Best of luck, I hope you find an opportunity that appreciates your talents!
Reply 2
Thank you! totally agree with you that the job market is tricky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending