The Student Room Group

Is it normal to play videogames in y11?

Alr so I am in y11 now and studying for my gcses. My teacher predictions put me at 3 9s, 4 8s, a 7 and a 6 and I have been getting several 8s and 9s in mocks.
Before this year I've never thought much about my gaming habit, but I've been used to playing 1-2 hours a weekday and much more at the weekend. But now I've started to realise how much this is when compared to other people. I have about 4 months until exam season and I am just looking for advice, should I limit it to a couple hours a week? Should I stop it all together while studying for gcses?
For now, I would say it's okay, but you will likely need to reduce that near exam season, especially on the weekend, which will naturally come to you thanks to the pressure you'll be under (usually does to everyone). A simple way to determine if it's a hindrance or not is by planning (across 4 months and include the term break that occurs between exams in your plan too) rigorously towards tackling all of your exams and ensuring your preparation leaves no gaps.My best advice towards doing this is quite simply using specifications/self-evaluation. Needless to say you obviously need to experiment quite often to see what you can and can't manage. If you can game in between all of your effective and distributed study, then you should be fine. Also of course there is always the risk of some days going to ruin by getting addicted and then playing until 2 am having not studied in the day, but that depends on your discipline skills, and if you can restrict yourself. If not then sometimes yes it is usually more effective to quit.
(edited 3 months ago)
I played many hourse before year 11. My performances at school were okay, although I have seriously to admit that I had an addiction to videogames.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending