The Student Room Group

Not enjoying uni halls

My halls experience isn't what I thought it would be, I'm bored most nights, no one wants to drink or have fun, yet my best mate who has gone to a different uni has been out most nights at a party or getting drunk, should I just quit uni?
Original post by Anonymous #1
My halls experience isn't what I thought it would be, I'm bored most nights, no one wants to drink or have fun, yet my best mate who has gone to a different uni has been out most nights at a party or getting drunk, should I just quit uni?

Hi there.

Uni nightlife has a different significance to each student, and maybe your flat mates are just not wanting to do that - which is okay. And it's also okay if you do want to go out. Maybe there are some other people on your course or at uni who you could party with instead?

I understand that your halls might not be quite what you expected, but I think you should think about your degree before considering quitting. Maybe think if your halls are not what you were wanting because no one has suggested the idea? Or is it that your flat mates aren't interested in partying etc.

For me personally, I'm at uni first of all for my degree, so if you're enjoying your actual course, I would stick out your halls. Maybe you could try some new activities' or events in the new year to see if you can find new things to entertain yourself?

Best of luck. And Merry Christmas! 🙂
Emily
Student Rep at BCU
Reply 2
Bonkers. Just join a society known for its drunken antics instead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending