The Student Room Group

What did I do wrong?

I received a letter from my university saying that they had suspended me because I had breached the disciplinary code on the 21st of December 2023. The disciplinary code says: Violent, indecent, disorderly, threatening and offensive behaviour
Sexual misconduct (which includes assault, sharing sexual images and making inappropriate sexual comments)
Abusive, threatening or offensive language (verbal or written) including the misuse of social media
Theft , fraud, deceit, deception and bribery
Bullying and harassment
Action likely to cause injury or impair safety on university premises
Possession, supply and production of drugs
Bringing the university in to disrepute. I don’t remember doing any of these things so, there must have been a misunderstanding from some girls who complained about me. They became upset, distressed and harassed because of my behaviour. One of these girls left the university because of how I made her feel. The university are still looking for an independent investigator who has expertise in autism and investigations. This is all I know.
Original post by mjhmichael18
I received a letter from my university saying that they had suspended me because I had breached the disciplinary code on the 21st of December 2023. The disciplinary code says: Violent, indecent, disorderly, threatening and offensive behaviour
Sexual misconduct (which includes assault, sharing sexual images and making inappropriate sexual comments)
Abusive, threatening or offensive language (verbal or written) including the misuse of social media
Theft , fraud, deceit, deception and bribery
Bullying and harassment
Action likely to cause injury or impair safety on university premises
Possession, supply and production of drugs
Bringing the university in to disrepute. I don’t remember doing any of these things so, there must have been a misunderstanding from some girls who complained about me. They became upset, distressed and harassed because of my behaviour. One of these girls left the university because of how I made her feel. The university are still looking for an independent investigator who has expertise in autism and investigations. This is all I know.

You say you don't remember do anything listed within the disciplinary code. One of the criteria you list from that code is "harassment". You also say that one of the girls "became upset, distressed and harassed because of my behaviour."

If she was "harassed because of my behaviour" then how can you say that you aren't in breach of a policy which prohibits harassment? :confused:

She must have felt very harassed if she left the university as a result. What was the behaviour which made the girls feel "upset, distressed and harassed"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending