The Student Room Group

EC form

Guys, I submitted an EC claim and requested a letter from my GP practice. I thought they get it done in 3 working days and they have done quickly in the past whenever I asked for one. However, this time they are taking longer and said that it actually takes 10 working days not 3 and that there's no way it will be done before 16 February. The university said that if I do not submit the evidence by 13th February I will get a mark of zero in that assessment. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Guys, I submitted an EC claim and requested a letter from my GP practice. I thought they get it done in 3 working days and they have done quickly in the past whenever I asked for one. However, this time they are taking longer and said that it actually takes 10 working days not 3 and that there's no way it will be done before 16 February. The university said that if I do not submit the evidence by 13th February I will get a mark of zero in that assessment. What should I do?

Anyone ?
Reply 2
You may have to accept this for the time being but you might be able to appeal because a decision has been taken by the exam board without all of the relevent information available.
I would contact your Programme Administrator on Monday to explain the situation.
I would also take advice from the SU and student support.
Screenshot any correspondence from your GP as supporting evidence which you can offer up in the meantime.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1

Have you submitted all the evidence?
Then you might get the answer after the deadline, but i guess you just gotta deal with it? Iv had ECs approved after the fact due to when theyv been submitted. It all depends when the board get together to discuss claims. Last time you might have submitted in time for a board meeting, where as this time you might have submitted just after one? Not much you can do im affraid except wait, or try submitting the work/exam still as you can accept/refuse the ECs when you get a grade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending