The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE English Lang. remark?

Hello. I am currently in my second year of GCSEs having done some of my modules. I am more than happy with most of the marks I've received in them as they resulted in 100% UMS except for the English language Unit 1 mark, where I got 113/150 raw. Having referred to my friends, whom I usually outperform in exams and CAs, I found that those who had not used any additional paper got a significantly higher mark, and those who did get a similar mark to me, leading me to believe that the paper had something to do with it. Typically I wouldn't care, but I feel like my mark is not reflective of the way I performed on the exam, although I don't see any way a remark would help if additional paper was lost or somehow excluded. What should I do in this case?
Original post by username6415207
Hello. I am currently in my second year of GCSEs having done some of my modules. I am more than happy with most of the marks I've received in them as they resulted in 100% UMS except for the English language Unit 1 mark, where I got 113/150 raw. Having referred to my friends, whom I usually outperform in exams and CAs, I found that those who had not used any additional paper got a significantly higher mark, and those who did get a similar mark to me, leading me to believe that the paper had something to do with it. Typically I wouldn't care, but I feel like my mark is not reflective of the way I performed on the exam, although I don't see any way a remark would help if additional paper was lost or somehow excluded. What should I do in this case?

Hi, can I ask what you ended up doing and the outcome? My daughter is in a similar situation at the moment
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Kikisunshine21
Hi, can I ask what you ended up doing and the outcome? My daughter is in a similar situation at the moment
Hi, so we requested the paper back via the school for them to look at it and 3 teachers who seen it all agreed that it was worth a remark as they felt it had been unfairly marked. We are currently in limbo land at the moment just waiting on that now coming back.

Quick Reply

Latest