The Student Room Group

8 marks off - worth a remark?

I was 8 marks off an A for religious studies and since it’s a subjective essay subject and all, is it worth a remark?
8 marks is quite a lot, if you can get your paper back quickly enough (eg. Edexcel is available immediately for free) then do that and see if your teacher can check it over. An 8 mark increase isn't impossible but I don't think you should bank on it, and remember it's possible for the mark to go down.
Original post by minecraftcow
I was 8 marks off an A for religious studies and since it’s a subjective essay subject and all, is it worth a remark?

Hi, do you have any updates on how this went?
Reply 3
Original post by Chebbington0419

I didn't get it remarked haha lol
Original post by Chebbington0419

to be a bit more precise than my old post, most (was about 70% in 2022) reviews of marking result in either no change, or a change by one mark either way. It's not completely impossible to have this kind of massive change, about 9% of marks changed by 5 or more in 2022, likely often spread across more than one paper. I think you should look over the paper with your teacher beforehand and temper your expectations. If you are closer to the boundary below than the boundary above, I would warn that there is a chance you could go a grade down.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest