The Student Room Group

how much do grades improve from y12 - uni applications?

im currently at a BBB but starting to see progess, lately getting more As. However im looking at applying to unis which standard entrys are from ABB- AAB (edinburgh, glasgow, belfast biomed). Is this reasonable or should i start looking elsewhere?
Original post by jarofstarrz
im currently at a BBB but starting to see progess, lately getting more As. However im looking at applying to unis which standard entrys are from ABB- AAB (edinburgh, glasgow, belfast biomed). Is this reasonable or should i start looking elsewhere?

I think for me there was a point I was predicted CCC in my A-level subjects, and I applied to a uni that needed AAB and two that need ABB. For my UCAS grades I was predicted AAB, so I think it would definitely be reasonable to look at those unis.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair

I think for me there was a point I was predicted CCC in my A-level subjects, and I applied to a uni that needed AAB and two that need ABB. For my UCAS grades I was predicted AAB, so I think it would definitely be reasonable to look at those unis.

did u sit ur a levels or are u sitting them this year ?
Original post by fzahid123
did u sit ur a levels or are u sitting them this year ?

I am sitting them this year (I did mocks in December and I got AAB)
When the matter of predicted grades started to be a concern for me, I was on AADD. Those two Ds were abysmal. But come the real A levels, I scored A*AAB, which was much better and much to my liking. Probably could have gotten all As if I was a bit more clever with my revision too, but oh well. So yeah, you can definitely improve if you want, and you have time to convince your school to issue you with predicted grades that do match those entry requirements, and you should certainly be considering those universities too, always good to aim high and push yourself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending