The Student Room Group

predicted grades

im on my gap year and gonna reapply to medicine this september, however im going to resit 2 of my alevels next june

my school said they can’t give me predicted grades and said to just put my other two grades as pending when applying.

but i feel like that would look terrible on my application and lead to 4 med rejections
i had a tutor online for chem and cs last year so i want to ask them to predict me the two As. but i just wanna make sure if this is allowed? and how would it work, do i ask them to email the unis, with my predicted? as an additional reference aside from my main one from school.

also one of my tutors said he doesn’t have a teaching certificate/degree? is this mandatory to give me a predicted😭
Your school is being a bit unfair. They should be helping you and at least predict what they predicted for you last year.
Reply 2
Original post by mike23mike
Your school is being a bit unfair. They should be helping you and at least predict what they predicted for you last year.

i mean even then my predicteds lower then what i got for cs, and a B for chem, which isn’t enough for med
Original post by hhhhheeeee
i mean even then my predicteds lower then what i got for cs, and a B for chem, which isn’t enough for med

The only option is that you take your As and get the AAA you need an apply next year with confirmed grades. Sorry, not great news.

There is absolutely no point in a school just predicting what you want. They should be predicting what they believe you will get. Even if your school predicted your grade as an A you would need to actually achieve the A. Clearly your school dont believe you will achieve an A and despite what has been said if they dont believe it they shouldnt predict it. It isnt unfair. It is acting in a professional manner unlike many schools who over predict hence why 3/4 of students dont reach their predicted grades
Reply 5
im on my gap year and gonna reapply to medicine this september, however im going to resit 2 of my alevels next june

my school said they can’t give me predicted grades and said to just put my other two grades as pending when applying.

but i feel like that would look terrible on my application and lead to 4 med rejections
i had a tutor online for chem and cs last year so i want to ask them to predict me the two As. but i just wanna make sure if this is allowed? and how would it work, do i ask them to email the unis, with my predicted? as an additional reference aside from my main one from school.

also one of my tutors said he doesn’t have a teaching certificate/degree? is this mandatory to give me a predicted😭

If you are applying as an independent applicant you can name who you like as your referee (with their consent) - and they can give your predicted grades if they are willing to do this. No, they dont have to be a 'qualified teacher' - just that they have taught you as a tutor is fine.
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
If you are applying as an independent applicant you can name who you like as your referee (with their consent) - and they can give your predicted grades if they are willing to do this. No, they dont have to be a 'qualified teacher' - just that they have taught you as a tutor is fine.

thank you, (:
can i put my school as the main referee and then ask my tutors to email the unis as additional references for the predicted grades?
Reply 7
Original post by swanseajack1
There is absolutely no point in a school just predicting what you want. They should be predicting what they believe you will get. Even if your school predicted your grade as an A you would need to actually achieve the A. Clearly your school dont believe you will achieve an A and despite what has been said if they dont believe it they shouldnt predict it. It isnt unfair. It is acting in a professional manner unlike many schools who over predict hence why 3/4 of students dont reach their predicted grades

understandable, I’m not saying they should’ve predicted me higher in y12. but i’m on a gap year, i’m not in school anymore so they can’t change my predicted from y12 as they don’t have any more information which is why I want to get a reasonable one from my tutors
Reply 8
thank you, (:
can i put my school as the main referee and then ask my tutors to email the unis as additional references for the predicted grades?

Talk to the school - they may be willing to accept grades from your tutor and add them to their reference with a note.
This is much easier for the Unis, and wont delay your applications while they scape around to get your predicted grades.
Reply 9
Original post by McGinger
Talk to the school - they may be willing to accept grades from your tutor and add them to their reference with a note.
This is much easier for the Unis, and wont delay your applications while they scape around to get your predicted grades.

hello!
I’m going to try ask but i feel as though they’ll probably say they can’t

if this is the case do you know how my tutors would send the predicted grade to the unis? is it just via a general email for the uni/admissions and would the email just have to a contain like a paragraph explaining who they are and their prediction? or is there a form or something😭
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending