The Student Room Group

student with pre-settled status and no maintenance loan

How am i gonna survive in Uni with no maintenance loan? I recently found out that since i have a pre-settled status i will not have access to a maintenance loan and Ive already applied to Universities in the London area. Am i cooked??
Hi Sosaaaaaaaa,

Can you confirm if you will be working throughout your studies?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Sosaaaaaaaa,

Can you confirm if you will be working throughout your studies?

Thanks, Clare

well idk, probably but i would need to look for a job
Hi Sosaaaaaaaa,

If you are an EU national with pre-settled status he only way you can be eligible for a maintenance loan is by applying as a Migrant Worker. You will need to be working throughout your studies at an acceptable level and to send us evidence of this.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Sosaaaaaaaa,

If you are an EU national with pre-settled status he only way you can be eligible for a maintenance loan is by applying as a Migrant Worker. You will need to be working throughout your studies at an acceptable level and to send us evidence of this.

Thanks,
Calum

so will i need to find a job before applying for student finance or will i be able to apply before uni and then find a job?
Hi Sosaaaaaaaa,

You need to be in employment on the 1st day of the academic year to qualify for Term 1 funding. You also need to be working at a level where you can financially support yourself in order for your maintenance funding to be approved.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 6
Hi Sosaaaaaaaa,

You need to be in employment on the 1st day of the academic year to qualify for Term 1 funding. You also need to be working at a level where you can financially support yourself in order for your maintenance funding to be approved.

Thanks,
Calum

Can this job be in any legal way shape or form whether its an actual job or freelancing?
Hi Sosaaaaaaaa,

Yes it needs to be legal but we can accept evidence of self-employment

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 8
Hi Sosaaaaaaaa,

Yes it needs to be legal but we can accept evidence of self-employment

Thanks,
Calum

thank you
You're welcome, have a lovely day. 🙂