The Student Room Group

Missed English papers due to a mental health issue

So I have missed on my two GCSE English language papers because I struggled with a mental health issue. I'm afraid that due to this my sixth form applications will be denied and the start of year 12 will be delayed if I need to do a English resit before reapplying. What do I do?!
If you haven't already, talk to a school counselor, teacher, or another trusted adult about your situation. If your mental health issue significantly impacted your ability to perform on the exams, consider obtaining medical documentation to support your case. This could be a letter from a mental health professional explaining how your condition affected your performance. You can also consider contacting the exam boards that administered the GCSE English language papers.
Reply 2
If other than your GCSE English grade you meet the requirements your sixth form choice then most (but not all) schools and colleges will let you retake English ;language alongside your A level/ L3 BTEC study, If your other results are not great then another year of level 2 study could be your best choice anyway. As @Lord Grey matter suggests, you need to share information and any medical evidence of your mental health issue with admissions staff at your sixth forms. Is your existing school aware? Is there anyone there who you trust to guide and advise you?

Quick Reply

Latest