The Student Room Group

Topping up a degree from HND to Honors. Will i get funding?

Hi there,

I've recently got accepted into my first choice, to enter into Level 5 due to it being a top up course for my HND.

I was wondering if i'd get the funding for the course still, even though I've done 2 year HND course. I also like to point out, the course was during in Covid, which is why I entered into level 5 and 6. As, I'd like to bump my grade up from the predicted grade given to me.

I've tried looking online, but haven't found anything that helpful.

Kind regards,
Lewis
Original post by Lewdoggy
Hi there,

I've recently got accepted into my first choice, to enter into Level 5 due to it being a top up course for my HND.

I was wondering if i'd get the funding for the course still, even though I've done 2 year HND course. I also like to point out, the course was during in Covid, which is why I entered into level 5 and 6. As, I'd like to bump my grade up from the predicted grade given to me.

I've tried looking online, but haven't found anything that helpful.

Kind regards,
Lewis

Hi there, What course have you done to gain the level 6 qualification? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Hi there,

I've done music production (sound design) at Hastings University. Which is the HND course.

The course I got accepted into is music production at WaterBear College of music. Which, I'd be going into Level 5, to top up the degree.

Kind regards,
Lewis
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi Lewdoggy,

You would only be able to top up to a higher level. If you already have a level 5 qualification, you would need to top up to a level 6 to receive funding. A degree is a level 6.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Hi clare,

Thank you, I wasn't to sure if I'd get the grace period/ re take year. Still get the funding for it. As it was during covid getting predicted grades.

I'm guessing the only way I would is if I funded the 2nd year by myself?

Kind regards,
Lewis
Hi Lewdoggy,

If you hold the level already but want to repeat the same level for a better grade, we wouldn't be able to provide funding for that. Only if you were to top up to a higher level such as a degree level.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
Hi clare,

I've just messaged my uni, to see if I can get changed to the last year. To top up with the new information.

Thank you for clearing everything up. Makes a little more sense now.

Kind regards,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

You are most welcome. If you have any questions in future, please let us know.

Have a lovely day.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending