The Student Room Group

Is this wrong?

So, when I was 14 (12 years ago) I met this guy through a chat website which shut down last November. They were a few years older than me, so if I was 14 at the time he would have been 19, just for context.

We stayed in contact until last year, although, after 9 years I messed up and got really jealous when he ended up meeting someone and getting married.

We weren't in a relationship as he didn't want to be so and even when I turned 16, he still didn't want to date me because he thought it was 'weird' that we'd known each other for so long and didn't want to ruin our friendship.

We had one moment when I was 22 after we both went on a night out but that was it and since that point, I felt as though maybe we could be a thing, even though it was a one off.

I went into crazy mode when I found out he was getting married and basically ended up screaming how awful a person he was and how he ruined my life (which wasn't true).

I messaged is now wife telling her how he'd know me since I was 14 and how he had we had slept together (I didn't say when this was but it wasn't when they were together - i was 22 and it was only once) and after that, he just blocked me.

Since then, he's not wanted to speak or added me back toI really want him in my life again and to say sorry...He's been such a good friend and I miss our conversations, he's always been someone I can rely on when I've felt down and I trust me.

I feel terrible because he didn't do anything to me, he was just there when I needed someone.
Original post by Anonymous
So, when I was 14 (12 years ago) I met this guy through a chat website which shut down last November. They were a few years older than me, so if I was 14 at the time he would have been 19, just for context.

We stayed in contact until last year, although, after 9 years I messed up and got really jealous when he ended up meeting someone and getting married.

We weren't in a relationship as he didn't want to be so and even when I turned 16, he still didn't want to date me because he thought it was 'weird' that we'd known each other for so long and didn't want to ruin our friendship.

We had one moment when I was 22 after we both went on a night out but that was it and since that point, I felt as though maybe we could be a thing, even though it was a one off.

I went into crazy mode when I found out he was getting married and basically ended up screaming how awful a person he was and how he ruined my life (which wasn't true).

I messaged is now wife telling her how he'd know me since I was 14 and how he had we had slept together (I didn't say when this was but it wasn't when they were together - i was 22 and it was only once) and after that, he just blocked me.

Since then, he's not wanted to speak or added me back toI really want him in my life again and to say sorry...He's been such a good friend and I miss our conversations, he's always been someone I can rely on when I've felt down and I trust me.

I feel terrible because he didn't do anything to me, he was just there when I needed someone.

Although you say, "he's always been someone I can rely on when I've felt down and I trust me" and " he was just there when I needed someone", you have not been there for him.

He's made the decision to cut you out of his life (understandable under the circumstances). You should respect that and leave both him and his wife alone.
It sounds like he has moved on and despite your attempt to rekindle what you had, he has found a new partner to settle down with.

You may feel the urge to have a right to apologise formally or whatever but he has severed you off communication wise. Short term this will hurt a lot for you most likely but long term you will get over it.

Sometimes life takes a new direction like that and you don't have any power to go it in the way you want unfortunately. Chalk it down as a life lesson learnt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending