The Student Room Group

Can you help me choose my postgrad Uni as an international student?

I am a fresh engineering graduate (2024) and I applied in Universities in Uk and have received offer from Warwick and Bristol University in the course of Engineering Business Management and Engineering with Management respectively starting September 2024. I don’t plan to get a job there after the post-graduation as I have got a family business to run back home. Please guide me as I plan to study at a good Uni and have fun. I have also offer from University of Birmingham and Nottingham in the same course. All of them are a 1 year degree.
Original post by Manu458
I am a fresh engineering graduate (2024) and I applied in Universities in Uk and have received offer from Warwick and Bristol University in the course of Engineering Business Management and Engineering with Management respectively starting September 2024. I don’t plan to get a job there after the post-graduation as I have got a family business to run back home. Please guide me as I plan to study at a good Uni and have fun. I have also offer from University of Birmingham and Nottingham in the same course. All of them are a 1 year degree.

Hello :smile:
I am an international student too. Got the same confusion between Bristol and Warwick. #Dont know much about them. If you plan to enjoy your Uni life, I best suggest you to go for Bristol. It is said to be a vibrant city with a lot of fun to go for. Warwick - is super study oriented Uni and is located in Coventry - Countryside and a loving place to be.
Original post by Manu458

Hey there @Manu458 ,
I am also an international student currently completing an undergraduate in Leicester at DMU and very soon I'll be in your shoes trying to pick a university for my post grad studies. I will share with you the advice my course leader shared with me when I had a similar discussion with him.
Every masters course is slightly different depending on the university - even if the courses have the same name. Look into the modules they teach in that course and see if this aligns with what you are trying to achieve in your career and then select one accordingly. Your choice will differ depending on whether you are trying to get into academia and are passionate about publishing or if you want to work in industry which it seems like you do. In my opinion this is the most important thing to consider then you can decided based on the most fun cities . I would say however that if you are a person of colour it may be useful to pick a city that is diverse and multi cultural and Bristol might not be the most diverse city.
I hope this helps .
Cece
Energy Engineering
De Montfort University
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by De Montfort University
Hey there @Manu458 ,
I am also an international student currently completing an undergraduate in Leicester at DMU and very soon I'll be in your shoes trying to pick a university for my post grad studies. I will share with you the advice my course leader shared with me when I had a similar discussion with him.
Every masters course is slightly different depending on the university - even if the courses have the same name. Look into the modules they teach in that course and see if this aligns with what you are trying to achieve in your career and then select one accordingly. Your choice will differ depending on whether you are trying to get into academia and are passionate about publishing or if you want to work in industry which it seems like you do. In my opinion this is the most important thing to consider then you can decided based on the most fun cities . I would say however that if you are a person of colour it may be useful to pick a city that is diverse and multi cultural and Bristol might not be the most diverse city.
I hope this helps .
Cece
Energy Engineering
De Montfort University

Thanks for the advice man
I am also now more inclined towards Warwick

Quick Reply

Latest