The Student Room Group

First Summative 2024

In my EU law summative, I got the lowest grade I have ever got. I am in my second year. Obviously there are more exams that contribute towards my overall grade. But I am worried because I tried to grasp the concepts and I tried to write it. So far for my evidence module I got a 60% and I am waiting for my other two results. The feedback I got is actionable but I feel that it is repetitive. Do I ask for clearer feedback, like book a drop in session ?
Original post by Anonymous #1
In my EU law summative, I got the lowest grade I have ever got. I am in my second year. Obviously there are more exams that contribute towards my overall grade. But I am worried because I tried to grasp the concepts and I tried to write it. So far for my evidence module I got a 60% and I am waiting for my other two results. The feedback I got is actionable but I feel that it is repetitive. Do I ask for clearer feedback, like book a drop in session ?

Anon,

That sounds like a good idea. I think it will reassure you that you have understood the feedback or confirm that you are not clear on a few things and will help you know what steps you need to take.

It's a win-win situation!

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there

It is a really good idea to ask for further feedback on your assignment. I would really recommend getting feedbacks for all your essays (not just the ones you are unhappy with).

Make sure to adopt the feedback in your future essays, our law professor advised us the best way to improve our grades was to take on feedback. It may feel overwhelming sometimes to book a drop in session for feedback, however, it could really affect your results. :smile:

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending