The Student Room Group

Is a 61 a good mark?

Hi!

I am a first year undergrad student doing LLB Law and I just recieved my mark back on a problem question style essay which was a summative.
I got a 61. Is that a good mark? I can't help but think it isn't since it's a summative and also since it's actually a mark less than what I got a few months ago on a formative in the same mondule.🥺

Reading online, it seems a 60-70% is a 2:1 which is good! It's what I would love to get at the end of the 3 years, but is that the standard for every single uni? Or do all unis have different percentage brackets for each class?

I also wanted to ask if anyone can help me with referencing in the sense of what material makes a good reference? What I should most definitely use when finding sources and what to avoid? My teacher who marked my essay mentioned lack of authoratative sources and how using sources like Studysmarter and Ironclad aren't appropriate. I have used a lot of cases and a few law textbooks but what other sources should I be looking out for and adding in to improve on this next time?

Any help is really really appreciated! Thank you 😊
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by saba.a_x
Hi!

I am a first year undergrad student doing LLB Law and I just recieved my mark back on a problem question style essay which was a summative.
I got a 61. Is that a good mark? I can't help but think it isn't since it's a summative and also since it's actually a mark less than what I got a few months ago on a formative in the same mondule.🥺

Reading online, it seems a 60-70% is a 2:1 which is good! It's what I would love to get at the end of the 3 years, but is that the standard for every single uni? Or do all unis have different percentage brackets for each class?

I also wanted to ask if anyone can help me with referencing in the sense of what material makes a good reference? What I should most definitely use when finding sources and what to avoid? My teacher who marked my essay mentioned lack of authoratative sources and how using sources like Studysmarter and Ironclad aren't appropriate. I have used a lot of cases and a few law textbooks but what other sources should I be looking out for and adding in to improve on this next time?

Any help is really really appreciated! Thank you 😊

Every uni that I've seen uses 70+ for a first, else 60+ for a 2:1, else 50+ for a 2:2, else 40+ for a 3rd. (They could be exceptions, but I've not seen any.)

They also often have special rules if you're very close to a boundary, although these boundary rules do vary between unis.

So if a 2:1 is what you're targeting, then you're on track! Well done. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending