The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

When are exams at Durham?

I’m an international student and I see that first term is ten weeks then Christmas break for a month. Second term is ten weeks then Easter break for a month. Then third term there are no classes just exams?

So are all the exams for both term 1 and 2 - are they all at the end of the year in May and June? Or are there exams in December too?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m an international student and I see that first term is ten weeks then Christmas break for a month. Second term is ten weeks then Easter break for a month. Then third term there are no classes just exams?

So are all the exams for both term 1 and 2 - are they all at the end of the year in May and June? Or are there exams in December too?

Not usually exams in December as far as I’m aware, some subjects do some in January (at the start of term) but this does vary and don’t tend to be the big exams in terms of grades as far as I’m aware. The main exam period runs through may, into a little bit of June. Usually in the couple of weeks before this there are revision classes but again this may vary by subject. The rest of June is then free for you to do whatever you want.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya

That's correct. The exam period is mainly May-June but some summatives are given in the January-April period as well. Summatives are essays that count towards your final module mark.

-Himieka
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest