The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

When are exams for first term

Hi- I’m an international student and need to book my flight home for Christmas break. How do I find out when exams are for first term? Will any of them be in January?
This is going to be course and university dependent. Even at a single university (presumably Durham as you posted it in this forum) it will probably be variable depending on your course what exact dates there are.

That said usually in the UK first term exams happen in January before the second teaching term commences. But you should absolutely discuss this with your personal tutor to see if there are expected to be any outside of a given "January exam session" and if not, when said session is.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi- I’m an international student and need to book my flight home for Christmas break. How do I find out when exams are for first term? Will any of them be in January?

Hiya

Not all courses have exams in the first term, but I know some which have summatives that are due in January. For your specific course, you should check the Sharepoint site or email the Learning and Teaching Team if there are any exams.

-Himieka
Reply 3
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

Not all courses have exams in the first term, but I know some which have summatives that are due in January. For your specific course, you should check the Sharepoint site or email the Learning and Teaching Team if there are any exams.

-Himieka

thank you. If they are in January is there any chance they would be before the start of second term? Like before Jan 7?
Original post by Anonymous
thank you. If they are in January is there any chance they would be before the start of second term? Like before Jan 7?

No, they won't be before the start of term. They might be at the beginning of the term, but not before that. :smile:

-Himieka
Reply 5
Thank you Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest