The Student Room Group

Glasgow LNAT Score 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes I agree , there’s more too it , the places are divided up for home / international/reat of uk/ and contextual-widening participation..Edinburgh got slated last year as there is so much deprivation in Scotland they filled all there spaces with candidates with adjusted grades/contextual circumstances so i being the universities are again rejigging the balance numbers so who knows who will get in with what ..I got 23
Reply 21
Original post by ish_k
I got a 19 and was wondering the same thing

I got 18 but I got a conditional offer in December that says “satisfactory lnat score that meets minimum threshold”
Original post by No205
I got 18 but I got a conditional offer in December that says “satisfactory lnat score that meets minimum threshold”

That's my worst nightmare if that condition doesn't disappear as looking at last year's thread that's basically "hold" and they left people in that position right up to the may deadline. Some were accepted and lots auto rejected, I'd rather just have a yes or no tbh!
Original post by Scottcharlie1971
My understanding is there is more to it than just straight As and LNaT. Your postcode, the school you went to etc as the universities are all financially squeezed by capped places.

My daughter applied to Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Durham ( she just threw that in to make it up to 5, no real interest in going to small place, a bit like st andrews)

She is straight As in first Sitting and predicted As for 2 adv Highers and A for other Higher.

Already got an unconditional for Aberdeen, which is great but was really her safety choice. That came in early Dec 23 within a week of applying.

A long wait to see what the other ones are going to do.

LnAT received today and she got 22.

Thank you for taking your time to explain this, that is really kind of you. And congratulations, your daughter must be over the moon. I hope she gets an offer at Glasgow too.
Reply 24
Original post by AllThingsLaw1405
Hi, I got 22 on my LNAT, is that enough for Glasgow Law requirements?

I got a 24 and got an offer but they do have a cut off minimum mark according to what is written on ucas.
Original post by shweta05
I got a 24 and got an offer but they do have a cut off minimum mark according to what is written on ucas.

Wow! Congratulations, that is awesome news. You must be excited. Do you have an idea on the minimum cut off.
Reply 26
When did you get your offer ? Is it for Scot’s law? Are you a home student?
Reply 27
Wow! Congratulations, that is awesome news. You must be excited. Do you have an idea on the minimum cut off.

I think it's 20 to 21 because those who got 22 also got offers from Glasgow.
Reply 28
Original post by Hopefulug
When did you get your offer ? Is it for Scot’s law? Are you a home student?

today at 3 am and its for common law and no I'm not a home student.
(edited 2 months ago)
today at 3 am and its for common law and no I'm not a home student.

What did you get on your lnat???
Reply 30
Original post by Daisypicker17
What did you get on your lnat???
Original post by spam44
got a 22 too and wondering the same ahaha
I got 22 too! i've heard that Glasgow apparently have taken the essay into consideration in the last year or two if it's necessary lol
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 32
I think it's 20 to 21 because those who got 22 also got offers from Glasgow.
omg I really hope so I was genuinely panicking
Original post by purplelawlvr
I got 22 too! i've heard that Glasgow apparently have taken the essay into consideration in the last year or two
I don’t think they do, the replied to a email last year that said they don’t routinely read the essay, but will if necessary xx
Original post by anonymous8876
I don’t think they do, the replied to a email last year that said they don’t routinely read the essay, but will if necessary xx
i've heard from a friend who got a low score on the MCQ however got an offer in the end that their essay pulled them through so as you said it's only if necessary or a one off (should have specified lol) xx
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi, I got 22 on my LNAT, is that enough for Glasgow Law requirements?
I got 23, what higher grades did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by user58923563
I got 23, what higher grades did you get if you don't mind me asking?
I got 24, AAAAB higher.
Original post by user123654798
I got 24, AAAAB higher.
i got AAAAB too! i'm stressing as some posts from previous years have said that they don't even consider your application if you haven't got 5As but hopefully we have a chance :smile:
Original post by user58923563
i got AAAAB too! i'm stressing as some posts from previous years have said that they don't even consider your application if you haven't got 5As but hopefully we have a chance :smile:
I have seen people mention that…but I have also seen people get offers with AAAAB! We’ve both got good LNAT scores so hopefully that compensates for the B 🤞
is anyone in the same situation, i applied for both scot’s and common on the advice of my teacher and i am now panicking, any ideas would be appreciated ☺️🤣🥹🤞🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending