The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Mst in English (all streams)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JJSJ26
Hiya All

With upload buttons beginning to disappear and some offers already being sent for the 650 stream I thought this post might streamline all the english programs so we can all share more clearly any updates! :smile:

For ref I have applied for three courses: 1550, 1700 and World Lit all three buttons disappeared on Friday

I applied on 24th Dec for 1550-1700 strand and my button disappeared on Friday!
(edited 2 months ago)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
it makes me think that for the English Mst they might be doing it by time period?
Reply 22
Hi all. Applied for 1700-1830 and 1830-1914. Still have both buttons. I guess the uneven timelines might be to do with supervisors’ various workloads. Fingers crossed for everyone!
Hi all. I've applied for the 1700-1830 strand. My button disappeared a while ago (not sure when as wasn't watching for this - the button theory fascinates me!)

Hopefully we won't be waiting too long now (and hopefully my Cambridge offer from last week isn't giving me false confidence...)
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous #4
it makes me think that for the English Mst they might be doing it by time period?

That's what I thought but I also applied for World Lit and my button is gone...not sure if anyone else from World Lit has also has their button disappear
Anyone from the 1830-1914 strand whose button has disappeared already?? Mine’s there
Reply 26
I've been totally driving myself insane with the buttons but it seems like the different strands are processed separately (this has definitely been true in the past years) and they might be going based on when you submitted your application since so many if not all of us who submitted in January still have them. At least I really hope this is the case cause mine's still there and it's making me nervous :/
Original post by Anonymous #7
Anyone from the 1830-1914 strand whose button has disappeared already?? Mine’s there

Applied to 1830-1914, button still there. And my Cambridge application is still at “submitted” which makes me think I’m doomed…
Reply 28
Original post by Illena
I've been totally driving myself insane with the buttons but it seems like the different strands are processed separately (this has definitely been true in the past years) and they might be going based on when you submitted your application since so many if not all of us who submitted in January still have them. At least I really hope this is the case cause mine's still there and it's making me nervous :/

Hey,
I think they def must go by strand (seeing that buttons have not yet disappeared to anyone in either the 1830 or the 1900 strands, and that we only know of the one offer for 650) but I submitted my stuff back in December and my button hasn’t disappeared, so I doubt it’d be based on the time of submission.
Reply 29
Original post by jjjn2
Hey,
I think they def must go by strand (seeing that buttons have not yet disappeared to anyone in either the 1830 or the 1900 strands, and that we only know of the one offer for 650) but I submitted my stuff back in December and my button hasn’t disappeared, so I doubt it’d be based on the time of submission.

Which strand did you apply for? I could be totally off here tbf
Reply 30
Original post by Illena
Which strand did you apply for? I could be totally off here tbf

Yeah, we’re all just looking for connections in a fog of madness at this point probably (at least I am for sure) so dw about it. 😃
I applied to 1830-1914
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 31
Original post by jjjn2
Yeah, we’re all just looking for connections in a fog of madness at this point probably (at least I am for sure) so dw about it. 😃
I applied to 1830-1914

But seeing that they’ve barely started rolling offers out at all, and even that one only for the earliest strand, I don’t think you need to worry. There’s no point in theorizing it, especially not this early into the outcomes. Just stay hopeful and try to remember that getting in is much more random than how we’d imagine, and that at the end of the day, it really is just a uni - that’s what I try to say to myself when I feel like scratching my face off.
Reply 32
Original post by jjjn2
I applied to 1830-1914

I haven't seen anyone mention losing their button for that strand so I'm guessing they're all at very different points in the process. At least it hasn't been that long yet so I'm sure we'll all hear back by the 8-10 week mark!
Reply 33
Original post by jjjn2
But seeing that they’ve barely started rolling offers out at all, and even that one only for the earliest strand, I don’t think you need to worry. There’s no point in theorizing it, especially not this early into the outcomes. Just stay hopeful and try to remember that getting in is much more random than how we’d imagine, and that at the end of the day, it really is just a uni - that’s what I try to say to myself when I feel like scratching my face off.

Hahah sorry I hope I'm not contributing to anyone's button anxiety but you're totally right it's probably way more random and complicated than we think. Wish it was a bit more clear tho so I'd feel less like scratching my face off..
Hey! I'm 1900-p strand, button was gone when I woke up this morning. Didn't check over the weekend.

I applied on the deadline. Does anyone know when I might expect to hear something? I'm not too familiar with the average timeframe after the button disappears.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by WorriedQuerty
Hey! I'm 1900-p strand, button was gone when I woke up this morning. Didn't check over the weekend.

I applied on the deadline. Does anyone know when I might expect to hear something? I'm not too familiar with the average timeframe after the button disappears.

I'm honestly not sure there's much of a definitive time frame - I applied the day before the deadline for 1700-1830 and my button disappeared weeks ago, and nothing...But we are meant to hear in 8-10 weeks so hopefully not too long now. Good luck!
Reply 36
People whose buttons have disappeared: Anyone receive any offers or rejections? Just trying to see which ones they roll out first
Original post by swinging-sunset
I'm honestly not sure there's much of a definitive time frame - I applied the day before the deadline for 1700-1830 and my button disappeared weeks ago, and nothing...But we are meant to hear in 8-10 weeks so hopefully not too long now. Good luck!

Oh wow! I thought it was going to be more like 24-72 hours. Thanks for letting me know!
Reply 38
Original post by jjjn2
People whose buttons have disappeared: Anyone receive any offers or rejections? Just trying to see which ones they roll out first

Sent a response but for some reason it didn't upload. But haven't heard anything. I don't know of anyone except one person on the main thread who has been given an offer in English.
Reply 39
Original post by JJSJ26
Sent a response but for some reason it didn't upload. But haven't heard anything. I don't know of anyone except one person on the main thread who has been given an offer in English.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, I’ve also only seen that one offer for the 650 strand. I suppose the button disappearing has more to do with them processing the applications than with the decisions themselves - at least I hope so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending