The Student Room Group

Can I relocate with Primark? At what point can I change my hours?

I recently got a part time job at primark (Westfield Stratford). However, I was nervous during interview and stupidly told them that I am available until 10pm. This is not ideal because Stratford is pretty unsafe especially at night, and I’d rather work until 8/9 at the latest given I need to use the train. I’ve emailed them and they said at this point in time I can’t request a change. At what point would it be acceptable to ask them to change my hours? I was thinking 3-4 weeks in but not sure. Additionally, I was thinking I could ask them if they could relocate me to a store that is much more local, which would mean I’d be able to work until late and have a parent pick me up. If this is a good move, would it be fine to make a request almost immediately after joining?
One final point: they said that (at this point) the only other option is to put myself on the reserve list which means they’ll contact me and give me another position if another candidate declines their job offer. Not sure how long it would take for them to get back to me, but would you recommend this?
sorry for lots of questions but id really appreciate the help
Yeah I'm sure if you just ask them if you could, it's harmless and depending on what your manager says it'll be fine. If you want to change stores though, it takes a while so if you want to i suggests ringing the stores and ask if they have any available vacancies and when you find one suitable, you should be able to switch 🙂 off topic but any tips on getting a primark job???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending