The Student Room Group

Learning Specification for A Levels

HI,
My teacher in school keeps asking us to "learn the specification" and by this she means, know the specific numbers to each topic. Does this seem like a waste of time to anybody else and should i complain to my head of year? For further context, the business edexcel spec doesn't go into any detail it just has headings.
Reply 1
Original post by quick-smear
HI,
My teacher in school keeps asking us to "learn the specification" and by this she means, know the specific numbers to each topic. Does this seem like a waste of time to anybody else and should i complain to my head of year? For further context, the business edexcel spec doesn't go into any detail it just has headings.

If that is what she means then yes, it is an absolute waste of time because the numbers mean nothing to what you are learning and it is actually what is in the specification that matters. If she meant that learn the content of the specification and revise around it then I would have said no, but because she means it just to do with the modules and headings then yes personally I think it is a waste of time.
Original post by quick-smear
HI,

Late to this thread but:
1) If you're paying for this education feel free to complain, otherwise don't because you are getting this for free. Other people don't get teachers and self-teach themselves A Levels.
2) I'm wondering which bits of the 28 pages of course content you think are "just headings"
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Business%20Studies/2015/specification-and-sample-assessment-materials/9781446914694-gce2015-a-bus-web.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest