The Student Room Group

How hard is A-level Arabic?

I am currently in year 11. I want to do A-level Arabic but my college doesn't offer it, so I will need to learn it by myself. I also want to do 4 other A-levels ( maths, further maths, econ, physics) so if I do Arabic I will be doing 5 A-levels. I know a little arabic and my first language is kurdish which is close to arabic. How hard do you think A level Arabic would be?
Reply 1
I don't know about A-level Arabic but just Maths, FM and physics by themselves are difficult so if you're really set on doing A-level Arabic, I think you should do only 3 at school, leaving you with more free time to dedicate to Arabic. My friends who take languages all say that it requires a whole new level of dedication.

Regardless of what you choose, good luck!! (I hope my advice helps :smile: )
Original post by Shapol
I am currently in year 11. I want to do A-level Arabic but my college doesn't offer it, so I will need to learn it by myself. I also want to do 4 other A-levels ( maths, further maths, econ, physics) so if I do Arabic I will be doing 5 A-levels. I know a little arabic and my first language is kurdish which is close to arabic. How hard do you think A level Arabic would be?
how was your Arabic A level experience ? I want to take Arabic AS but I am very lost , idk the pattern nor the specifications , can u guide me a little bit ? also , I got A* in Arabic first language IGCSE and I am good at Arabic overall, I write novels and stories and post on my page too so I think it wont be as hard to take Arabic AS level right?
Reply 3
why don't you pick up an a level arabic book and have a look. Its a great language to learn, if you are talking about sorani, you'd have a head start. I think its useful. I know kurds from the KRG who have learnt Arabic and of course its very useful.
I'm going to do A-Level Polish, (obviously a different language but the same course) I believe we need to read a book and relate it to the history we learn, as well as watching a film and then writing about it
Reply 5
Go live there... conversational in 2 yrs, near fluent in 5. Same way a child learns. Works as long as you don't mind pointing in shops.
Reply 6
Lema… lema sabakthani-at.
Reply 7
I would like to do a level arabic but not sure which specification to do exdecel, aqa and others and i got 8 in arabic also an home langauge so can anyone let me know if they have done it or doing so

Quick Reply

Latest