The Student Room Group

Biology homeworks

Hey, so I have adhd and forget things A LOT. I get set 2 biology homeworks every week, and we get set markschemes with them too to mark them ourselves and submit the scores. I often find myself doing the homework, thinking ‘I’ll mark it later’ and then forgetting about the homework altogether, or marking it but forgetting to submit my scores. It’s really bad now as I have outstanding homeworks dating back nearly every week to October! Anyone got any advice on helping me remember/ be motivated for this?
Honestly, I have ADHD too and what I find that works for me is just ensuring that I get as much of the one task out of the way as possible without getting distracted. I also keep a homework planner next to me when I am working and as soon as I have finished part of a task, if I need to go do something else urgently then I write down what part I just finished, then highlight it to bring it to my attention.
I also like to set reminders on my laptop or phone telling me to hand in or mark my homework (I sometimes do this by just scheduling an email to send the night before the homework is due).
Reply 2
Original post by farthur22
Hey, so I have adhd and forget things A LOT. I get set 2 biology homeworks every week, and we get set markschemes with them too to mark them ourselves and submit the scores. I often find myself doing the homework, thinking ‘I’ll mark it later’ and then forgetting about the homework altogether, or marking it but forgetting to submit my scores. It’s really bad now as I have outstanding homeworks dating back nearly every week to October! Anyone got any advice on helping me remember/ be motivated for this?
hey! i also have adhd and i completely get the forgetfulness. i definitely recommend using an app on your phone to remind you of tasks that you need to do. if you have an iphone, this is very easy as there is already an app called "reminders" on ur phone. you can create notifications for these reminders so they pop-up during the day, and therefore cannot be forgotten about (im not sure about other phone brands though, sorry!) if you work at a desk, or you have your own seperate work area, you could always try brightly coloured sticky notes with your tasks written out on each individual sticky note. this also helps me with my motivation, as it feels good to be able to crush the paper up into a little ball and throw it away.

for general motivation for tasks i definitely recommend breaking up your tasks into smaller chunks, as people like us get pretty easily overwhelmed by the idea of having lots to do and ultimately ignore the task all together. if you set out small goals and reward yourself after each task is completed, this will give you a little boost of motivation to do the next section of the task, and so on! there's a really good website for breaking down to-do lists so they don't seem as intimidating called "goblin tools - magic to-do", maybe check it out?! i also definitely recommending having a look on youtube for other tips and tricks for coping with adhd along with school, as it can be quite tricky sometimes!

i hope this helped! feel free to message me if you need any more advice, as im currently studying for a-levels right now and im assuming that you are doing ur gcses. wish you all the best!! :-)
Reply 3
Original post by farthur22
Take Concerta. It helps you focus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending