The Student Room Group

Picking A-Levels

Hi, I have to submit my a level subject form by tomorrow but I'm not sure what to pick for my 4th subject. Im currently looking to do Business Studies, Sociology and ICT (BTEC) which i'll drop afterwards but my university requirements for a Business major need 3 A levels so I don't know if I should do Biology, Maths or Eng Lit for my fourth, any advice??
Original post by Violet2547
Hi, I have to submit my a level subject form by tomorrow but I'm not sure what to pick for my 4th subject. Im currently looking to do Business Studies, Sociology and ICT (BTEC) which i'll drop afterwards but my university requirements for a Business major need 3 A levels so I don't know if I should do Biology, Maths or Eng Lit for my fourth, any advice??

Check the course you want to at uni on unis websites. See if they specify any particular subjects. If so id pick them.
Otherwise id pick whatever subject you will enjoy most.get the best grade in.
If you like them equally and are equally good at them all then I would do maths as top choice as probably most useful in business, then English Lit as writing skills will always be useful and then biology last as the least useful in this instance.
Original post by Violet2547

Look at the subject requirements for courses you’re interested in first, unless there are none. I’m currently doing English lit and biology a level and they’re both great however very different. For me English has a lot more homework(like essays) but biology has more content to memorise. I’d choose whichever you enjoy more because they are both equally as challenging and if you enjoy the subject you’ll probs find it easier anyway

Quick Reply

Latest