The Student Room Group

TSR News Quiz #138 (24 February 2024)

Welcome to your TSR Quiz of the Week!

Welcome to the hundred-and-thirty-eighth instalment of the Quiz of the Week series!

Visit the master thread for more details of the series, and to sign up for notifications when a quiz goes live!

How it works
This quiz is conducted via Google Forms, and you have until next Friday at midnight (or Thursday at 11.59pm if that is clearer) to play the game! The form will ask you to fill in your TSR username, and this is essential if you want to be in contention for the prize! Please feel free to comment and share your scores below this also makes verifying the scores easier!

Once again you'll notice the tiebreaker question in place. As usual, this is one where the answer is a number, and if there's a tie for first place, the winner of the prize will be the person who gets closest to the correct answer! (And yes, it can also help us spot anyone who looks like they might have received help from Google as they did the quiz.)

Scoring
The form will automatically score the quiz for you. Once again we're able to offer a prize of 100 rep, thanks to the Community Staff! We are also continuing to trial further prizes of 50 and 30 rep for second and third place respectively.

Happy quizzing!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Quote time! :yeah:

Spoiler

A measly 4/10 this week

Spoiler

5/10 and quite far off the tiebreaker
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Welcome to your TSR Quiz of the Week!

Welcome to the hundred-and-thirty-eighth instalment of the Quiz of the Week series!

Visit the master thread for more details of the series, and to sign up for notifications when a quiz goes live!

How it works
This quiz is conducted via Google Forms, and you have until next Friday at midnight (or Thursday at 11.59pm if that is clearer) to play the game! The form will ask you to fill in your TSR username, and this is essential if you want to be in contention for the prize! Please feel free to comment and share your scores below this also makes verifying the scores easier!

Once again you'll notice the tiebreaker question in place. As usual, this is one where the answer is a number, and if there's a tie for first place, the winner of the prize will be the person who gets closest to the correct answer! (And yes, it can also help us spot anyone who looks like they might have received help from Google as they did the quiz.)

Scoring
The form will automatically score the quiz for you. Once again we're able to offer a prize of 100 rep, thanks to the Community Staff! We are also continuing to trial further prizes of 50 and 30 rep for second and third place respectively.

Happy quizzing!
5/10 that's not bad :smile:
A below-par 2/10 for me

Though I enjoyed how global the questions were :smile:
A poor 2/10!
Reply 9
Oh this is such a fun game! I don't keep up with news enough so this will be fun to motivate me - got a solid 0/10 this week 😭 but will be doing it again in the following weeks
Possibly the most random thing I've ever said was 8.624x10^8 for the tiebreaker lol
7/10 this week! Think I was off by a factor of a 1000 for the tiebreaker 😂
Original post by bicompton
Oh this is such a fun game! I don't keep up with news enough so this will be fun to motivate me - got a solid 0/10 this week 😭 but will be doing it again in the following weeks
Possibly the most random thing I've ever said was 8.624x10^8 for the tiebreaker lol
Glad you enjoyed it! Would you like to be added to the taglist to get notified when a new quiz goes live?
Original post by CatusStarbright
Glad you enjoyed it! Would you like to be added to the taglist to get notified when a new quiz goes live?
Yes please!!
Original post by bicompton
Yes please!!

I've added you now :u:
Posting on behalf of CheeseIsVeg:

Here are the scores on the doors! Yet again @MysteryyyGirl86 saw off the competition with a narrow win on the tiebreaker :woo:

:king1:@MysteryyyGirl86 (8/10 + tiebreaker)
:king2: @Andrew97 (8/10)
:king3: @AMBITIOUSLEARNER (7/10
4th: @erin11 (6/10)
= 5th: @agent_duck343 and @emm4nuella (5/10)
= 7th: @Saracen's Fez, @dantr12 and @AMolly2133
= 10th: @Fibonacci28, @04MR17, @CatusStarbright and @Theloniouss (2/10)
14th: @bicompton (0/10)

@Pwca could you please do the honours and issue the rep prizes? (100 to the winner, 50 to second place and 30 to third place) :biggrin:
Original post by CatusStarbright
Posting on behalf of CheeseIsVeg:

Here are the scores on the doors! Yet again @MysteryyyGirl86 saw off the competition with a narrow win on the tiebreaker :woo:

:king1:@MysteryyyGirl86 (8/10 + tiebreaker)
:king2: @Andrew97 (8/10)
:king3: @AMBITIOUSLEARNER (7/10
4th: @erin11 (6/10)
= 5th: @agent_duck343 and @emm4nuella (5/10)
= 7th: @Saracen's Fez, @dantr12 and @AMolly2133
= 10th: @Fibonacci28, @04MR17, @CatusStarbright and @Theloniouss (2/10)
14th: @bicompton (0/10)

@Pwca could you please do the honours and issue the rep prizes? (100 to the winner, 50 to second place and 30 to third place) :biggrin:

Done :smile:
Original post by Pwca
Done :smile:

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending