The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Postgraduate Offer Holders 2024

Scroll to see replies

I've been offered a place by DPIR but was rejected by preferred college and allocated a place at St Anthony's. Is it possible to still be given a college scholarship by another college despite being allocated a college already?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous #21
I've been offered a place by DPIR but was rejected by preferred college and allocated a place at St Anthony's. Is it possible to still be given a college scholarship by another college despite being allocated a college already?
May I ask how long did it take for you to hear from the college after you got the offer? Thanks!!
Original post by LeticiaCC
May I ask how long did it take for you to hear from the college after you got the offer? Thanks!!
I had the departmental offer last Friday (1st March), was rejected by first-choice college on 5th March and then offered a place by St Anthony's on 6th March (5 days after offer)
Original post by Anonymous #21
Yhup. It’s possible. In that case if you are successful with that scholarship, you will have to move to that college where the scholarship is tenable.
Original post by Anonymous #19
I applied to Magdalene too. I got rejected and then offered a place at Kellogg. I got an offer for MSc Global Health Science and Epidemiology. Quite a competitive program. I was recently interviewed by the Africa Oxford Mastercard Scholarship. Hoping to hear good news next week.
Hi. Congratulations on your offer and interview. I alsointerviewed for an AfOx scholarship. Please, did they saythey’d be sending out decisions next week?
Original post by Anonymous #20
Hi. Congratulations on your offer and interview. I also interviewed for an AfOx scholarship. Please, did they say they’d be sending out decisions next week?
They told me it will be six weeks after my interview date.
Original post by Anonymous #19
I applied to Magdalene too. I got rejected and then offered a place at Kellogg. I got an offer for MSc Global Health Science and Epidemiology. Quite a competitive program. I was recently interviewed by the Africa Oxford Mastercard Scholarship. Hoping to hear good news next week.
Sorry, I meant next month
So, it doesn't actually matter if you've selected a certain college as your preference to be considered for funding by them, right? At least, not unless they've specified you definitely have to, right? I keep seeing on the websites "[X] college will consider all eligible candidates for funding whether or not you've specified our college as your preference" and yeah, I can read plain English but I'm just worried they're lying to me lol.
Original post by Anonymous #16
So, it doesn't actually matter if you've selected a certain college as your preference to be considered for funding by them, right? At least, not unless they've specified you definitely have to, right? I keep seeing on the websites "[X] college will consider all eligible candidates for funding whether or not you've specified our college as your preference" and yeah, I can read plain English but I'm just worried they're lying to me lol.
Don't worry, you're right! You will be considered for funding everywhere.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Don't worry, you're right! You will be considered for funding everywhere.
Thanks! I guess I'm stressing so hard these days. And hoping Lincoln or Merton or Univ will come through for me somehow within the next 5 weeks, lol.
I have accepted an offer for a History (modern British strand Mst.). I'm self-funded and already have an undergraduate degree from Oxford, but from some time ago. I just put down the college I had most affinity with from previous experience, but given the passage of time I'm not sure how relevant that is. Either way it will be interesting to see what happens. I envisage spending very little time in college anyway....
I wonder when is the last day before one should realistically “give up” on expecting internal funding? Like, is it safe to say for example that if you don’t hear anything by April 30th, you’re cooked? I don’t think I’ve ever actually heard of anyone securing funding from Oxford in May or June.
Original post by Anonymous #16
I wonder when is the last day before one should realistically “give up” on expecting internal funding? Like, is it safe to say for example that if you don’t hear anything by April 30th, you’re cooked? I don’t think I’ve ever actually heard of anyone securing funding from Oxford in May or June.
I think it really depends - it does say that for some scholarships, you can expect to hear back as late as June
Any MSc/MPhil Russian and East European Studies people here? :smile: Just got my offer on Friday
Does anyone know what "waitlisted for funding" actually entails for the DPhil? Are we waiting on other people to reject their offers so that their funding trickles down, or are we also being considered for scholarships that haven't finished making decisions yet? Do people write to the admissions office to enquire about their position on the waiting list? I'm going nuts here
Original post by sandwichman2
Does anyone know what "waitlisted for funding" actually entails for the DPhil? Are we waiting on other people to reject their offers so that their funding trickles down, or are we also being considered for scholarships that haven't finished making decisions yet? Do people write to the admissions office to enquire about their position on the waiting list? I'm going nuts here
So many questions…very little answers 🤦🏽*♀️
More questions: Where exactly do MSt/MPhil offer holders see they are "waitlisted for funding"? Did it appear on the Graduate Applicant Self-Service portal, or were you informed via email? Tks.
Original post by offtrack_
More questions: Where exactly do MSt/MPhil offer holders see they are "waitlisted for funding"? Did it appear on the Graduate Applicant Self-Service portal, or were you informed via email? Tks.
For me, I was informed directly via email by the admin of my funding scheme (Ertegun). I haven't heard of other master's students being informed of waitlisting so far.
Original post by Sheriza Ali
For me, I was informed directly via email by the admin of my funding scheme (Ertegun). I haven't heard of other master's students being informed of waitlisting so far.

Indeed, I have not either. Only the DPhil offer holders seem to get a note on their portal.
Still rooting for you, Sheriza! 🤞
For those that have heard back from their first choice college, was the email from the college or graduate admissions (or someone else)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending