The Student Room Group

volunteering in a hospital

i have plans to apply to volunteer as a feeding buddy in my local hospital, but the application asks if i have any prior experience volunteering, which i only do at an accounting firm and my school itself. will this hold me back or should i still apply anyway despite not having enough previous volunteering experiences to make my application appealing?

also when should i apply to volunteer? i'm aiming to start in sep-oct. it's not as competitive as work experience i'm guessing so could I wait until late june to send an application? same with volunteering at a care home which i'm also applying to do, if anyone could recommend me a time to apply to care homes that would be great

any help is appreciated, thank you all so much and i'm really grateful!
Reply 1
Any volunteering experience is relevant as it shows your willingness to given you time, interact with people and develop new skills. So definitely add and describe the school and accountancy roles. No one expects young people to have a wealth of relevant experience. Expressing enthusiasm for what you want to do is likely the most important thing.

On the timing, I would think early would be better than late as usually the wheels turn slowly in processing applications and there maybe checks or references required. You could call the organisation and as them when you should apply to start in Sep. I would think a care home would snap up the offer of voluntary labour. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending