The Student Room Group

What should I do during my dentistry work experience?

In about a month I have a 4 day work experience where I will be shadowing a dentist.

Does anyone have any advice about what I should do on the day?
Do I need to ask questions?
And what do I need to do to prepare?
I'm not sure how I should act and what I should do when it comes.
Reply 1
Original post by Ausy143
In about a month I have a 4 day work experience where I will be shadowing a dentist.

Hi,
It’s great that you got work experience! I think the best thing is just to be polite and professional to both the dentists and any patients. Make sure to dress in smart clothing (similar to what you would wear to sixth form). Finally, keep a diary and take notes of EVERYTHING both what treatments you see, how the dentist conducts themselves and the other members of the dental team!
Goodluck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ausy143

Please update when you have actually gone for it and say what you would have done and wouldn't :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Ausy143

What a great opportunity! Common practice is ask any qs when its just you and dentist, ie not when clients there. Also youll probs find most ppl cant focus on talking and typing! Show an interest, offer to help cleaning/ carrying etc. Never underestimate how much respect making a good cup of tea will earn you! If you get the chance, its great fun doing the dental charts 😀

Quick Reply

Latest