The Student Room Group

He only wants to commit to me after he found out about my money?

I've been dating a guy for the past two months and we get along great, have fun, the sex is great, and we like each other a lot. He originally told me that he wanted to do an open/casual relationship and I was fine with it because I was looking for the same thing and I'm focused on my career at the moment.

My family comes from money and I'm currently a doctor on my way to become CEO of a tech company. I started paying for fancy dinners and buying this man expensive jewelry, sneakers, and colognes because this is normal for me. I don't talk about my money upfront but he's not stupid and can put two and two together.

The other day he asked me if I wanted to be exclusive with him. I was confused because HE was he one who said he wanted to be open and casual. I told him I wasn't interested right now because I like what we have but it might be a possibility in the future. I also want to keep my options open and see other men (which I know he's doing with other women). He says he's never been treated this way before and that I give him a different feeling so he wants to commit.

I know he genuinely likes me but I can't shake the thought that he may only want to commit now because of what he can get out of me.. Any thoughts?
Reply 1
Maybe he’s genuinely falling in love with you. Trust your instincts though. You can always go with a prenup

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending