The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

best accommodation for student studying at Kingston school of art

Hi I am starting here in september and was wondering the best accommodation for 1st year students at kingston school of art
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi I am starting here in september and was wondering the best accommodation for 1st year students at kingston school of art
Hey there,

Congratulations- we can't wait to meet you in September! I am a student at the KSA and even though I am now in the second year, I stayed at the student halls of residence here in my first year so can let you know what they were like.

I stayed at Seething Wells and loved it! It is not in Kingston but around a 20 min walk out in Surbiton or a 5 min bus journey on our free uni buses. Surbiton is a great town to live in- with all the supermarkets that you could need, restaurants and shops. Another plus of living in Surbiton is the easy access into London on the trains. The fastest train can get you to Waterloo in 17 mins!! This is a popular halls to live in with KSA students and other students at Penrhyn.

I would say the other option for KSA students is the Middle Mill residence which is just across the river from the School of Art campus. The difference from this halls to Seething is that they have parking, you share bathrooms at Middle Mill, Seething Wells is newly renovated in comparison, but all students at Middle Mill are KSA students and this residence is in Kingston.

It totally depends and what your priorities and preferences are but both are great options for a KSA student. If you want to look further I would recommend following this link to our website: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/

I hope this helped and please let me know if you have any questions!!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hey there,
Congratulations- we can't wait to meet you in September! I am a student at the KSA and even though I am now in the second year, I stayed at the student halls of residence here in my first year so can let you know what they were like.
I stayed at Seething Wells and loved it! It is not in Kingston but around a 20 min walk out in Surbiton or a 5 min bus journey on our free uni buses. Surbiton is a great town to live in- with all the supermarkets that you could need, restaurants and shops. Another plus of living in Surbiton is the easy access into London on the trains. The fastest train can get you to Waterloo in 17 mins!! This is a popular halls to live in with KSA students and other students at Penrhyn.
I would say the other option for KSA students is the Middle Mill residence which is just across the river from the School of Art campus. The difference from this halls to Seething is that they have parking, you share bathrooms at Middle Mill, Seething Wells is newly renovated in comparison, but all students at Middle Mill are KSA students and this residence is in Kingston.
It totally depends and what your priorities and preferences are but both are great options for a KSA student. If you want to look further I would recommend following this link to our website: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/
I hope this helped and please let me know if you have any questions!!
-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Hi can I ask what the en-suites are like at seething wells? Are they a wet floor or shower enclosed? Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi can I ask what the en-suites are like at seething wells? Are they a wet floor or shower enclosed? Thanks.

Hi!

All en-suites are basically the same throughout all of the rooms at Seething. They don't vary in size but might have different features like a nicer mirror or some shelving. The showers, which are the same for all, are wet rooms. There is a shower curtain and a dip in the floor to separate from the shower and toilet + sink area.

I stayed at Seething Wells and the enjoyed my en-suite as I liked having my own space even though I thought I wouldn't like a wet room!

I hope this helped and let me know if you have any other questions.

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending