The Student Room Group

Higher study tips?

Anyone got any advice for progressing from C/B in higher maths and chem to an A? I know it's a bit of a stretch but honestly any advice would be a great help atp 🫶
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by alle.summers
Anyone got any advice for progressing from C/B in higher maths and chem to an A? I know it's a bit of a stretch but honestly any advice would be a great help atp 🫶
doing past papers will really help you a lot cause theres always a pattern with the type of questions they ask and it will also help you understand what exactly the SQA is looking for in your answers. Hope this helps and goodluck !!
Original post by itzmeeeee
doing past papers will really help you a lot cause theres always a pattern with the type of questions they ask and it will also help you understand what exactly the SQA is looking for in your answers. Hope this helps and goodluck !!
Thank you so much 🫶
Thank you so much 🫶
nppp x
I would also Recommend Heriot Watt Scholar website. It’s great with lots of resources for Highers and leading up to exams you can join webinars with lots of tips on where to pick up extra marks. Worth looking at in addition to past papers. You’ve got this !!
Original post by thirdtimebuyer
I would also Recommend Heriot Watt Scholar website. It’s great with lots of resources for Highers and leading up to exams you can join webinars with lots of tips on where to pick up extra marks. Worth looking at in addition to past papers. You’ve got this !!
Omg ty this advice is great 🫶
Omg ty this advice is great 🫶
You’ve got this and I hope Scholar is able to help - it was invaluable for us. Good Luck
Reply 7
For higher chemistry, you best option is to know the course spec thoroughly and master the calculation as nearly 60% of the papers are calculations. For maths the best thing is to practice and have methods for each type of question. Past papers for chem are also quite good as majority of the time they re use questions or they end up using the same type of question every year such as what free radicals are and the steps
Original post by Thoriym
For higher chemistry, you best option is to know the course spec thoroughly and master the calculation as nearly 60% of the papers are calculations. For maths the best thing is to practice and have methods for each type of question. Past papers for chem are also quite good as majority of the time they re use questions or they end up using the same type of question every year such as what free radicals are and the steps
Thank you sm I'll defo take this into account 🫶

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending