The Student Room Group

Which is better? Univeristy of reading or loughborough? specifically for psych.

How prestigious is uni of Reading? Does it have good respect and rep and "weight"? or is uni of Loughborough better in those aspects? Which uni is better overall? ( psychology undergrad)

I also wanna know what the student lifestyle is like there, the activities, if its populated with clubs or not, shops, halal food places , mosques and generally the community, the people you find, whether most are international or not , where are most international students from, any Arabs, racism and what it is like to live there in general, the campus , the facilities etc etc.

I applied for psychology so if you know anyone who takes psych there , tell me your opinion on which is better or what its like.
Original post by LUJAINGAD
How prestigious is uni of Reading? Does it have good respect and rep and "weight"? or is uni of Loughborough better in those aspects? Which uni is better overall? ( psychology undergrad)

I also wanna know what the student lifestyle is like there, the activities, if its populated with clubs or not, shops, halal food places , mosques and generally the community, the people you find, whether most are international or not , where are most international students from, any Arabs, racism and what it is like to live there in general, the campus , the facilities etc etc.

I applied for psychology so if you know anyone who takes psych there , tell me your opinion on which is better or what its like.
Hi @LUJAINGAD ,

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough 🙂

I study Psychology at Loughborough so can give you some insight.

The rankings for Psychology at Loughborough are high. I personally really enjoy the course here as you have the opportunity to learn many aspects of Psychology through many different modules. If you haven't already I would recommend taking a look at 'What you'll Study' on the course page to see the range of modules you will study. You can also choose some optional modules, so you can tailor the course to be what you want. I found it useful to compare these modules with other Universities to see which suited me best. If you are considering doing a placement/year abroad Loughborough is great as they offer so much support in searching and securing a placement/year abroad. I found this particularly helpful.

Some insight into Loughborough in general. Loughborough is very much a student town and as you are on a campus it has such a strong community feel- I really love this as it is not as overwhelming as being in a big city and you tend to see a lot of people you know. The facilities at Loughborough are amazing- particularly for sport but also for learning. During the week most social events happens on campus through the Student Union. For example, there tend to be 2 nights out in the week (Wednesday and Friday) and events during the day which differ week to week. Take a look at our student union website for more insight here. At the weekends more seems to happen off campus. In town (which is walking distance from campus) there are multiple pubs, bars, cafe's, restaurants and nightclubs which tend to be full of students at the weekend.

I would say there is a real mix of cultures at Loughborough amongst international and UK students. I would recommend taking a look at what societies we have at Loughborough to see if anything would be of interest to you. We also have a Centre for Faith and Spirituality on campus- take a look here for further details.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please do ask 🙂

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending