The Student Room Group

Collage Course Choosing

I've been thinking about a few options with picking my next years collage course, I've taken a L2 Drama and it was okay but if I picked out of 3 options what would be best, note that there's no Technical Theatre near me unless I want to commute 1 hour every day (HAHA,NO.)

-L3 Preforming arts (dance,singing,acting)
-L3 Art and Design
-L3 Creative Media production.

Specifically I want to go into Stage making, was thinking construction but id rather not... not with the people here I know.
Performing arts, as at college it covers all the areas, even set building, doing the lighting, etc.

Creative media is more of a focus on marketing, with photography, magazine creations, adverts, etc. This is a good route if you wanted to go into anything along the marketing or photography side of things.
This could work if you was to then do a film and production degree afterwards, which would lead you into learning how to create sets, use the camera to film, it would open a lot more career opportunities for you so I would recommend it on terms of employability and widened horizons.

Art and design is like above, but more specified on just creating pieces and writing about them, and the writing is endless you will be drained. It’s fun, but not ideal to get on the path you want to go down, it’s not the most employable and it has a narrow focus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending