The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Help!! I think I made the wrong uni choice

Hi, I’ve applied to edge hill and mmu for the bh animation course. I formed edge hill over a month ago as I thought I’d be overwhelmed living in Manchester. However after looking at it longer it seems mmu is far more engaged with this course and I think I could get a better quality of work to prepare me for industry and make connections. I have my accommodation at edge hill though and I’ve played my deposit, I’m just not sure what to do. I’m petrified of making the wrong choice and regretting it ( I did something similar when choosing my collage and I’ve hated it). mmu is my insurance choice though. I just don’t know which is truly better.

I’d love some advise and if it’s even possible to change Unis now <3

Also I do liked edge hill the campus is beautiful and the accommodation is lovely it’s just the lack of info about the course itself. Thank you!
If it's a lack of info that's bothering you maybe get in touch with people from Edge Hill who are studying the same course on sites like Unibuddy and here on TSR? You could also contact the uni faculty directly and ask them how the course is run. That should hopefully give you more to work with. If you selected your firm and insurance less than 14 days ago, you can still make changes to it, but it's much harder after that time period.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Bobthepokemon
Hi, I’ve applied to edge hill and mmu for the bh animation course. I formed edge hill over a month ago as I thought I’d be overwhelmed living in Manchester. However after looking at it longer it seems mmu is far more engaged with this course and I think I could get a better quality of work to prepare me for industry and make connections. I have my accommodation at edge hill though and I’ve played my deposit, I’m just not sure what to do. I’m petrified of making the wrong choice and regretting it ( I did something similar when choosing my collage and I’ve hated it). mmu is my insurance choice though. I just don’t know which is truly better.

I’d love some advise and if it’s even possible to change Unis now <3

Also I do liked edge hill the campus is beautiful and the accommodation is lovely it’s just the lack of info about the course itself. Thank you!

It would be possible to swap your choices now - you would need to phone UCAS to do this. However, be certain that this is what you want before you do it.
Reply 3
Original post by sleep_supremacy
If it's a lack of info that's bothering you maybe get in touch with people from Edge Hill who are studying the same course on sites like Unibuddy and here on TSR? You could also contact the uni faculty directly and ask them how the course is run. That should hopefully give you more to work with. If you selected your firm and insurance less than 14 days ago, you can still make changes to it, but it's much harder after that time period.

Thank you for replying, Part of my problem is I can’t find a single student to talk to who does the course at edge hill, I’ll try and contact the uni itself and talk to them directly.

Thank youu for replying so quickly
Thank you for replying, Part of my problem is I can’t find a single student to talk to who does the course at edge hill, I’ll try and contact the uni itself and talk to them directly.

No problem, I'm happy to help! :smile:

Hi @Bobthepokemon.

I can appreciate that this is a big decision and it can be daunting trying to figure out what is best for you.

You may find it useful to chat with some of our current students via our website. Whilst we don't have an animation student to chat to at the moment, we do have lots of other current students who would be happy to discuss the facilities and all aspects of student life.

Holly is second-year television student who is based in the Creative Edge building and would be happy to answer any questions you had about the department and the facilities you would use. You can chat to her and other students here.

To give you a flavour of the work you might produce on our Animation degree, you can view some of the films made by past and present Animation students here.

Was there anything specific you wanted to know about the course? We would be happy to answer any questions you had and put you in contact with the Programme Lead if you wished and so you are more than welcome to contact us directly via phone or email on 01695 657000 or [email protected].

I hope this helps.

Liam
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending