The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Masters Loan

delete
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by goofygoober6
Dear Student Finance England,

I am writing to inquire about my eligibility for a Postgraduate Master's Loan from SFE. I am currently in receipt of an NIHR Pre-doctoral Fellowship, which supports individuals aiming to develop careers in health research. It's important to note that this fellowship is not a social work bursary, nor is it part of an apprenticeship or a healthcare bursary. The fellowship was awarded based on academic merit, including my grades and the research project I proposed.

I am a lifelong resident of England and am enrolled in a course that meets the eligibility criteria for postgraduate funding from SFE. I seek clarification on whether receiving an NIHR Pre-doctoral Fellowship impacts my eligibility for a Master's Loan, especially as I am currently facing financial difficulties and am in need of additional support for my studies.

Could you please advise on whether the NIHR Pre-doctoral Fellowship affects my eligibility for a Master's Loan? Any guidance or additional steps I need to take would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.
Hi there. I have checked and this would not effect your eligibility. As long as this is not a social work bursary or any of the following then you would still be eligible for the full Postgraduate Funding;

National Health Service (NHS)

Department of Health (DoH)

Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS)

Thanks - David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending