The Student Room Group

Finance for Allied Health Professional course

Hi

In September I will be starting an MMedSci in Speech & Language Therapy.

I will be studying part time over 3 years - the full time course is 2 years.

I already have a Masters degree.

Will I be eligible for Tuition Fee loans and Maintenance Grants?

It says in the guidance that 'full support is available if you already have a first degree' but I'm not sure whether the same applies if you also have a Masters degree. I'm also not sure whether the fact it is part time changes anything.

Thanks for your help - great to be able to contact you here!
Original post by Lou4
Hi
In September I will be starting an MMedSci in Speech & Language Therapy.
I will be studying part time over 3 years - the full time course is 2 years.
I already have a Masters degree.
Will I be eligible for Tuition Fee loans and Maintenance Grants?
It says in the guidance that 'full support is available if you already have a first degree' but I'm not sure whether the same applies if you also have a Masters degree. I'm also not sure whether the fact it is part time changes anything.
Thanks for your help - great to be able to contact you here!

Hi there,

Can you please tell us what university is offering this course? We can then check our database.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Thanks Graeme, it’s Sheffield Uni, course is MMedSci in Speech and Language Therapy
Original post by Lou4
Thanks Graeme, it’s Sheffield Uni, course is MMedSci in Speech and Language Therapy

Thanks - this courses is classed as a Masters on our system. So, normally this course will attract the Postgraduate Masters Loan.

Since you already have a Masters you won't be entitled to the Masters Loan in this case, unfortunately.

However, there's an option to study a similar course, which is titled Speech and Language Therapy (Postgraduate).

This is a Postgraduate Healthcare course, which is an exception, so you'll be entitled to funding regardless of your previous study. It may be worth asking your university about that course to see if it could work for you.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending