The Student Room Group

oxford Uni interview Advice - PPE

I have an Oxford interview for PPE. Does anyone have any tips? advice? I'll take all the resources I can get!
Original post by NeedHelp109
I have an Oxford interview for PPE. Does anyone have any tips? advice? I'll take all the resources I can get!
Read The Guardian newspaper and The Economist in your local library or online.

"THINK OUT ALOUD" as this is what the admissions tutors will be looking for!!! :wink: Whether you're teachable in the tutorial like interviews.
The interview is going to be like a mini tutorial. It will be important to them that you are able to think out loud (as the other commenter said), form your own opinions (not just list off what you know other people have said), and be confident enough to defend your stance yet flexible enough to change your mind when necessary.

Be attentive and pay careful attention to exact wordings of questions that you are asked. Make sure you answer all questions clearly and don’t stray off topic.

Lastly, try to have fun. Your interviewers will be able to tell if you take a genuine interest in your subject and are enthusiastic about it. I really enjoyed my conversations with my PPE interviewers and I think they enjoyed talking to me too. That matters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending