The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Switching from English Lit. to PPE

Hi everyone,

I currently have an offer form the University of Manchester to do English Lit., the offer is for AAA and I am predicted A*A*A in English Lit., Politics and Maths (the A is in maths). However, I feel now after receiving offers that I'm more inclined to want to do PPE instead. Considering I meet the entry requirements, does anyone have any advice on how I would go about switching courses? Should I try now or wait until I have a place for sure on results day even if it's for English? Should I potentially try and go through clearing? I also have offers from Bristol, Leeds and Durham (I applied to Oxford but I got rejected) also for English but I think I will firm Manchester and insure Leeds (offer is AAB)

Thank you, and any pointers would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by aimee.evans
Hi everyone,

I currently have an offer form the University of Manchester to do English Lit., the offer is for AAA and I am predicted A*A*A in English Lit., Politics and Maths (the A is in maths). However, I feel now after receiving offers that I'm more inclined to want to do PPE instead. Considering I meet the entry requirements, does anyone have any advice on how I would go about switching courses? Should I try now or wait until I have a place for sure on results day even if it's for English? Should I potentially try and go through clearing? I also have offers from Bristol, Leeds and Durham (I applied to Oxford but I got rejected) also for English but I think I will firm Manchester and insure Leeds (offer is AAB)

Thank you, and any pointers would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Ask all your 5 universities now, don't wait until results day.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending