The Student Room Group

Moving to Australia during a part-time masters

Hi, any help greatly appreciated on this.

My wife and I are planning to move out to Australia later on this summer - 2024 (I have been offered a job out there). She's currently doing a part-time masters course in the UK (which is entirely remote) along side her normal job. The course finishes in September 2025 and therefore we're in a bit of a pickle, as far as we can see from information online it seems that we're going to have to stay in the UK for the full duration ofthe course.

The last installment of the tuition loan is due to be paid out this September (2024), so i'm thinking we might get away with just waiting for the payment to go through and then going out straight away after that. Will sfe have a problem with this? And if so, what would the implications be? - Impossible to get through to SFE to ask them!

She has a loan from her undergrad so we will need to update sfe with work (for loan repayment) so everything has to be pretty transparent.

Hope that was clear enough, thanks!
Hi MRD21,

The student needs to be living in the UK until the end of the course to remain eligible. If it is known that the student is no longer in the UK for the duration, it might lead to an overpayment or the application may be made ineligible.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending