The Student Room Group

Physician associate studies and finance

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to ask if there is anyone that was able to balance physician associate studies and a part time job. During my biomed degree I was able to work three days a week and I understand I may not be able to do as much hours during a masters but I wanted to know if anyone has tried and succeeded. It’s only because there is barely any finance for physician associate studies that I’m worries
Original post by emefah.k
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to ask if there is anyone that was able to balance physician associate studies and a part time job. During my biomed degree I was able to work three days a week and I understand I may not be able to do as much hours during a masters but I wanted to know if anyone has tried and succeeded. It’s only because there is barely any finance for physician associate studies that I’m worries

Hi, I've moved your thread to the healthcare forum :smile:

I'm not completely certain but most healthcare courses have placements integrated into the course so a lot of the course is effectively "working" as part of the degree, rather than just lectures between 9 and 5. Thus, it tends to be harder to work part-time during healthcare courses. Also the timing of placements can vary as you may have placements on particular shifts or on weekends.

I would recommend getting in touch with the course provider to find out how the placements are managed (and extrapolate from that how feasible it would be to work part-time during the course).
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Hi, I've moved your thread to the healthcare forum :smile:

I'm not completely certain but most healthcare courses have placements integrated into the course so a lot of the course is effectively "working" as part of the degree, rather than just lectures between 9 and 5. Thus, it tends to be harder to work part-time during healthcare courses. Also the timing of placements can vary as you may have placements on particular shifts or on weekends.

I would recommend getting in touch with the course provider to find out how the placements are managed (and extrapolate from that how feasible it would be to work part-time during the course).

Heyy, thank you so much I was sooo confused before but you have really provided me insight. I’ll definitely ask the universities that I am considering. Thank you xx 😁
Original post by emefah.k
Heyy, thank you so much I was sooo confused before but you have really provided me insight. I’ll definitely ask the universities that I am considering. Thank you xx 😁

Also ask your uni if you will be eligible for the Health Education England (HEE) grant of £5,000 to help with course fees. You don't usually apply directly for this, it is processed by the uni.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
Also ask your uni if you will be eligible for the Health Education England (HEE) grant of £5,000 to help with course fees. You don't usually apply directly for this, it is processed by the uni.

Appreciate you, thanks x 😊

Quick Reply

Latest