The Student Room Group

How do you meet people?

There Is no way I can put this with out sounding like I'm desperate. Im on a gap year before going to uni. I live in rural Lincolnshire and I've got friends and part time stuff to do. But I wanna meet new people and make new friends. And just being honest I don't know where to look or what to do. Ive tried looking for groups or places to volunteer at but I haven't found any (tbh Idk even how to look for those things well, as well). And I get there isn't gonna be much given that its not the most urban of places. But if anyone knows what type of things I should be looking for or any websites to search for these types of things. Or even just advise. I would appreciate it. Ik this may sound kind of sad and desperate but Im not and I just wanted to know and I'm curious.
Just Google whatever things interest you and include words such as "clubs", "Groups" or "classes" and include your postcode.

That should give you a list of things that are in your neck of the woods.

Do you have any means of getting to a larger town? Can you get a lift? Is there a bus or train you can use?
Reply 2
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Just Google whatever things interest you and include words such as "clubs", "Groups" or "classes" and include your postcode.

That should give you a list of things that are in your neck of the woods.

Do you have any means of getting to a larger town? Can you get a lift? Is there a bus or train you can use?

This but on Facebook groups, Meetup, Instagram.
Original post by Bud-E
This but on Facebook groups, Meetup, Instagram.

Fair comment
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending