The Student Room Group

Edinburgh or Glasgow for Law?

Got unconditionals from both- Law for Edinburgh and Common Law for Glasgow-but I'm not sure where to go.

I know Glasgow outranks Edinburgh in some rankings and vice versa but is there an actual difference in the quality of the courses.

Also, I've lived in Glasgow for ages and I know the city and the people really well, I feel like it would be a better experience going to a new city
Reply 1
Original post by a$ap_pranjol
Got unconditionals from both- Law for Edinburgh and Common Law for Glasgow-but I'm not sure where to go.
I know Glasgow outranks Edinburgh in some rankings and vice versa but is there an actual difference in the quality of the courses.
Also, I've lived in Glasgow for ages and I know the city and the people really well, I feel like it would be a better experience going to a new city

If you don not mind can I ask what your status is? Are you Scottish contextual applicants?
Original post by SaraTu
If you don not mind can I ask what your status is? Are you Scottish contextual applicants?

nah man im non contextual
Reply 3
There is a higher percentage of international students at Edinburgh in general than Glasgow.
Edinburgh Law School was founded 1707, Glasgow School of Law in 1713.
General feel I get from reading about the two is Edinburgh is more academic, Glasgow is more practical, whatever that means.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending