The Student Room Group

Glasgow Scots Law 2024

Scroll to see replies

this is what i was told re WP for anyone wondering by a live chat with Glasgow:
So, it seems to me that it is basically saying that as long as you meet the contextual requirements and LNAT, you will be guaranteed an offer. I.e., you wouldn't be rejected for high competition (which can happen to non-WP applicants even if they meet minimum requirements)
Original post by anonymous8876
this is what i was told re WP for anyone wondering by a live chat with Glasgow:
So, it seems to me that it is basically saying that as long as you meet the contextual requirements and LNAT, you will be guaranteed an offer. I.e., you wouldn't be rejected for high competition (which can happen to non-WP applicants even if they meet minimum requirements)
Ah that's good, it's always better to get it clarified from the unis themselves! Good luck!
Does anyone know how the Reach and Top-up programmes work? it’s listed as an additional requirement for contextual students but I haven’t completed either and I’m worried it will impact my chances of getting an offer
Original post by Chloe__S
Does anyone know how the Reach and Top-up programmes work? it’s listed as an additional requirement for contextual students but I haven’t completed either and I’m worried it will impact my chances of getting an offer
i think if you’re given an offer, you will be asked to complete summer school as a pre entry programme
Original post by anonymous8876
i think if you’re given an offer, you will be asked to complete summer school as a pre entry programme

ah okay that’s great to know! thank you!
Original post by emilymccracken
Hi, i got a conditional for Scots with Spanish language, last week. My conditions were a B at adv higher and meeting the threshold for the LNAT.
Was your condition for a specific advanced higher?
Thank you! I got 5 A’s at higher and am predicted 4 A’s this year in my adv highers and crash highers. I got 24 in my LNAT as well. Good luck !!
Hi! Sorry to be nosy but are you a contextual applicant? Trying to figure out how the responses form Glasgow are working and I've realised most of the people I know who have heard back are contextual I think, which would make sense if they're working through those applications first :smile:
Original post by skglawschool
Hi! Sorry to be nosy but are you a contextual applicant? Trying to figure out how the responses form Glasgow are working and I've realised most of the people I know who have heard back are contextual I think, which would make sense if they're working through those applications first :smile:
both the people ik that have heard back weren’t contextual x
Reply 28
My son is Leaps but with 5 As, 28 on LNAT, predicted all As for S6, but still no offer... Hoping they have just started with Scots Law offers...
Original post by MrsMG
My son is Leaps but with 5 As, 28 on LNAT, predicted all As for S6, but still no offer... Hoping they have just started with Scots Law offers...
tbh i’ve only really seen common law offers and a few scots
The Glasgow offers day is march 26th and their accommodation is open to book just wish would let me know either way
Original post by skglawschool

Hi, no I am not contextual - however many people I know are still waiting so I wouldn’t stress too much! :smile:
No, Scottish unis will never specify a subject in conditions :smile:
I never knew about this - is this only for law or every subject? Thank you :smile:
Got offer through for Glasgow tonight conditional for C at Advanced higher
Original post by zoebulloch
Got offer through for Glasgow tonight conditional for C at Advanced higher
R u contextual?
and what were ur LNAT and highers if that’s ok to ask?
Original post by samuelsheridan9
R u contextual?
and what were ur LNAT and highers if that’s ok to ask?

Yes i’m contextual got AABBC in highers and only 19 in my LNAT, but i passed reach
Original post by zoebulloch
Yes i’m contextual got AABBC in highers and only 19 in my LNAT, but i passed reach
Ah very nice, congratulations on your offer!!
Anyone else stressed that a wave of people are getting offers from Glasgow today & haven’t received anything :s-smilie:
Reply 38
Original post by Cyb3rspace
Anyone else stressed that a wave of people are getting offers from Glasgow today & haven’t received anything :s-smilie:
I got a conditional offer tonight too! On the basis I get AAA in swap course. I got 23 in the LNAT. Wonder if they might be taking their time with the people fresh out of school.
Still waiting for a response :sad: hopefully I’ll hear back within the week… but congrats on your offer!!!!!
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending