The Student Room Group

Getting married around the same time?

Hi there, so I have got this colleague who Ive knows for couple of years. I told her last year I am getting married this year in July, she asked a lot of questions when I mentioned this. She is dating this man for almost two years and they are planning to move in soon. Recently, she told me she is getting married a month before my wedding and they are doing small( registry followed by meal) When I asked her before if she and her partner have any plans to get married, she firmly said no and she doesnt believe in it as long as they live together and love each other so I am confused on what changed now. She told me it just happened as they just talked about it and decided to get married. Part of me thinks, she might be jealous of me and wants to be on same level as me especially that she is doing it a month before mine. Recently we have been having wedding talks and she asks me about wedding dresses and I told her that i am getting a proper gown,she didnt seem happy with it and said oh ok. Then I overheard her saying to my manager that she wants to go holiday soon especially to a destination where I have been twice! I feel like the whole wedding stuff seems like something she planned not to be below me and want to compete.
Reply 1
Meh, she's a colleague and her motivation doesn't matter. Stop thinking about what she's doing and concentrate on your own life.

Congratulations on the wedding!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending