The Student Room Group

Rent and tenancy

My mom has been recently moved to a nursing home. I used to live with mom in the same house . The house is owned by a housing association. I was never put on the tenancy agreement however my mom s name is on the tenancy agreement.

I have recently asked them if I can succeed the tenancy from mom. However they have left me hanging.

Some of my friends are saying that I can stop paying rent as the tenancy is not in my name . I would like to save some money in this inflation rate and I am not sure what to do ... can I do this ?
Reply 1
Original post by Rika_S01
My mom has been recently moved to a nursing home. I used to live with mom in the same house . The house is owned by a housing association. I was never put on the tenancy agreement however my mom s name is on the tenancy agreement.

I have recently asked them if I can succeed the tenancy from mom. However they have left me hanging.

Some of my friends are saying that I can stop paying rent as the tenancy is not in my name . I would like to save some money in this inflation rate and I am not sure what to do ... can I do this ?

I would pay if you want to take over the tenancy - seek advice from CAB.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending