The Student Room Group

play therapy/counselling for children/school counsellor/child therapist etc

Hi,
Hoping some can help please? I'm in my 40s and have worked in education for just over twenty years. I'm a qualified teacher and have worked both in secondary schools and primary schools. I'm looking to change career and work in a theraputic role with children. Ideally I'd love to become a play therapist. How does one go about a career change if I can't afford the £5K course fees? Or to train full time and not earn a salary? I'm already qualified to Masters level and therefore don't think I have any student loans funding left? All help greatly apprecited! Thanks x
Original post by LJR1
Hi,
Hoping some can help please? I'm in my 40s and have worked in education for just over twenty years. I'm a qualified teacher and have worked both in secondary schools and primary schools. I'm looking to change career and work in a theraputic role with children. Ideally I'd love to become a play therapist. How does one go about a career change if I can't afford the £5K course fees? Or to train full time and not earn a salary? I'm already qualified to Masters level and therefore don't think I have any student loans funding left? All help greatly apprecited! Thanks x

Hi there,

Do you have a particular course in mind that you're interested in? If so, can you please tell us the full name of the course?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending