The Student Room Group

Car insurance

So I was due to have my policy cancelled I moved a payment it was agreed from insurance company they set a cancellation date I explained I didn’t have the money to pay by the date which was 9th March they referred me to a finance team to help me so I wouldn’t lose policy they said they wouldn’t cancel me and they did cancel my policy yesterday and I drove my car without realising I also used a petrol station this morning will I get done for this stressing so bad
V unlikely, the motor insurance database doesn't update immediately (end of month maybe?), but make it a priority to get sorted.
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
V unlikely, the motor insurance database doesn't update immediately (end of month maybe?), but make it a priority to get sorted.
I can’t get it sorted till next Tuesday night I can’t lose my license I have a child. I do school runs
Reply 3
Original post by KGOULE17
I can’t get it sorted till next Tuesday night I can’t lose my license I have a child. I do school runs
Are there aprc cameras in petrol stations
Original post by KGOULE17

My advice has to be that you cant drive until you are covered again, even it means having to take out temporary insurance for a few days. If they catch you uninsured with a kid in the car it might aggravate things

But tbh I don't think you will have any consequences for this if you weren't caught at the time, put your reg into the Insurance Database (public) if it comes back saying you're still insured you won't be setting off cameras.

Petrol stations do make use of ANPR technology but it's their own system, it doesn't connect to the police/insurance stuff - it would only be used if you drove off without paying, committed a crime in the station or if the police made a specific request to them like tracing a stolen car or missing person etc
Reply 5
Original post by StriderHort
My advice has to be that you cant drive until you are covered again, even it means having to take out temporary insurance for a few days. If they catch you uninsured with a kid in the car it might aggravate things
But tbh I don't think you will have any consequences for this if you weren't caught at the time, put your reg into the Insurance Database (public) if it comes back saying you're still insured you won't be setting off cameras.
Petrol stations do make use of ANPR technology but it's their own system, it doesn't connect to the police/insurance stuff - it would only be used if you drove off without paying, committed a crime in the station or if the police made a specific request to them like tracing a stolen car or missing person etc
Oh okay I can get it sorted Tuesday it was just miss communication from my insurance saying they wouldn’t cancel me and they have

Quick Reply

Latest