The Student Room Group

How to get into film after A levels

I want to get into film, I’m doing A level maths , computer science and psychology. I told my parents I wanted to study cybersec at uni but I’ve changed my mind and worried what they will think. I’m not sure if they are happy with film school but they are happy with me not going to uni and going straight into the job. What are the best ways to get into film and what jobs can I get with those A levels
Are you signed up with BFI and screenskills for all their networking and free events?

What sort of film jobs are you interested in doing? For many jobs a degree is the best way to build your experience and showreel to get into the industry but it’s not the only route. But even if you wanted to go down that route you would need to do a Foundation Diploma with a media/lens based pathway first to get to the standard required for entry on a film degree if you haven’t got any creative A levels.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Are you signed up with BFI and screenskills for all their networking and free events?
What sort of film jobs are you interested in doing? For many jobs a degree is the best way to build your experience and showreel to get into the industry but it’s not the only route. But even if you wanted to go down that route you would need to do a Foundation Diploma with a media/lens based pathway first to get to the standard required for entry on a film degree if you haven’t got any creative A levels.

I’m thinking of post production.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending